Django 1.6 is out. Here are my top 10 favorite changes:
- better default project and settings files
– admin is enabled
– theres a
STATIC_URL = '/static/'
– the annoying “sites” app is disabled
– the default
settings.pyfile is much simpler in general
- there’s now
Noneif not found, and returns the first of multiple objects.
- the admin now will
preserve_filtersthat have been selected
- /static/admin/js/jquery.min.js has been upgraded from v1.4.2 to v1.9.1
- html form <input> fields use
type="number", etc. (It also means the CSS selector
input[type="text"]no longer works as expected.)
- for security, model forms need their fields specified, though you may use ‘__all__’ instead.
- the comments app is deprectated, and django mentiones Disqus as an alternative.
- there’s now a deployment checklist in the docs
- django now preferes
- save() is more efficient.