My favorite features in django 1.7
- FileField.upload_to is now optional
- FILE_UPLOAD_DIRECTORY_PERMISSIONS (similar to FILE_UPLOAD_PERMISSIONS)
- send_mail() now accepts an html_message parameter for sending a multipart text/plain and text/html email.
- Field.choices now allows you to customize the “empty choice” label by including a tuple with an empty string or None for the key and the custom label as the value.
- It’s now possible to remove form fields in a subclass of a parent
- admin changelist now table has field-<field_name> css classes on cells.
- formsets now have a min_num and validate_min
- @admin.register syntax on classes, no need for admin.autodiscover()
- QuerySets can now be easily used as managers
- now possible to customize the behavior of prefetch_related.
- form.clean() doesn’t need to return self.cleaned_data
- admin “the object has been saved” messages have been changed from yellow to green
- Runservers will restart faster if pyinotify is installed