- Top 100 Grossing E-Commerce Sites Ranked by Checkout Usability – Baymard Institute
- screenshots from top 100 checkouts
- The Wirecutter | A List of the Best Gadgets
- The best technology in every category. I keep forgetting the name of this site.
- git for large files
- IX WebHosting
- $47.40/yr shared hosting, dedicated ip address. 2 year minimum. dns for $7.49/yr
- The NTLM Authentication Protocol and Security Support Provider
- i may need to read this
- connecting to navision
- HTML5 Rocks – HTML5 vs Native: The Mobile App Debate
- this sums up the native vs web app debate pretty well.
- Learn to code | Codecademy
- from christine z
- Pool Filter Manual
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Test Drive
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- SSL Certificate Tester – Check Certificates
- ShairPort 0.03 released
- I’ve been waiting 3 years for someone to find a way to emulate an Airport Express.
- SIMILE Widgets | Timeline
- This is pretty cool.
- CSS Embedded Images | drupal.org
- modern browsers support data urls, ie supports MHTML
- 365 Things To Do in South Bend
- Coding basics | Yahoo! Style Guide
- Yahoo’s basic intro to HTML
- JQuery is jslint compliant.
- Publications by Googlers
- looks interesting.
- Servants – companions-eng
- New Every Morning by Scott Underwood as performed by Lindell Cooley …
- PyDhcpLib website | Main / HomePage
- I will need to play with this some day.
- What are regular expressions? – Analytics Help
- Google Analytics’s intro to regular expressions.
- Mnemonic major system – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sage MAS 90 Data File Layouts
- How data is stored in MAS, plus character limits (firefox or ie required, not chrome compatible)
- 46 Years of Displays: Dayton’s/Marshall Field’s/Macy’s Holiday themes
- spookylukey / cciw-website / source — bitbucket.org
- A large django project.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Francis of Assisi
- Font Squirrel | Create Your Own @font-face Kits
- Yup. This site actually made a working .eot file (unlike the last 3). I had to uncheck “add hinting” to get the font to show up correctly.
- AFP548 – Networking on OS X – configd
- How macs handle changing network configuration.
- Mac OS X: What Are All Those Processes?
- If I ever get a mac, I’ll study this page well.
- BuiltWith Technology Usage Statistics
- All sorts of interesting stats about how websites are built. Super interesting.
- Google map markers | CTAPbIu_MABP’s BLOG
- A list of google hosted maps markers.
- YouTube – Length Contraction and Space-Time
- we watched this senior year. pretty cool stuff.
- Rands In Repose: The Foamy Rules for Rabid Tools
- Use the right tool for the right job.
- FiledBy – Author websites, author directory, author search
- “www.filedby.com the most comprehensive online directory of book authors on the Internet” I found a book on this website I haven’t been able to find anywhere else.
- Moogaloop API
- Photoshop Sweded Hi-Res on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
- real life photoshop
- 1910 World Missionary Conference – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sean’s been reading about this.
- Our Sunday Visitor’s Web Store
- I like these sort of urls.
- L002 3-Digit ZIP Code Prefix Matrix
- I think this is official zip code data.
- how to track multiple svn branches in git – Bart’s Blog
- Apparently git looks at ancestor commits to automatically figure out which remote svn branch to dcommit to.
- Python Package Index : Index of Packages Matching ‘django’
- django packages. from jeremy.
- ONIX Requirements for Inclusion in Bowker Products
- useful info here
- Prayers for All Christians
- Lord’s Day Ceremony
- Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
- Originally came in handy to edit the registry on a rootkit infected computer. Turns out the password reset utility works well too.
- Notebookcheck: Notebook & Laptop Reviews and News
- looks like a good indepth laptop review site.
- Lenovo – Laptop with Intel® Pentium® Processor – Black Matte – G550
- Jeremy asked me “If you were to buy a laptop today, what would you get?” This would be my answer, assuming I don’t have a laptop currently.
- People of Praise Gathered In Dinkytown part 2
- oldie but goodie. we will bow
- New Blog Defaults » description WPMU DEV – WordPress MU plugins, themes and more
- could be useful
- treebeard — Efficient tree model implementations for Django — django-treebeard v1.52 documentation
- recommended over parent = models.ForeignKey(‘self’)
- robhudson/django-debug-toolbar @ GitHub
- i’m sold
- Data matcher
- RTMPy – RTMP for Python
- this may be enough to replace red5.
- Flash Media Server, Red5 examples by Dennie Hoopingarner
- flash audio recorder
- Red5 : Open Source Flash Server Open Source Flash
- Flowplayer – Flash Video Player for the Web
- GPL flash video player
- fluxiom: Online Media Management
- similar goals to media manager
- The Development of the C Language
- how c was invented. i’ll have to read this some time.
- Comparing JSON modules for Python
- an in depth article showing the little differences in how each library handles corner cases.
- ZoneOS ZoneScreen
- looks similar to maxivista, but free for personal use and can do linux
- Demo video about using multiple monitors with MaxiVista
- Amazing stuff. I wish it were open source.
- How to secure a credit card number (Software Engineering Tips)
- Don’t hash credit card numbers.
- xlwt README
- Python library to read/write excel files. Fork of pyExcelerator. Looks more active too.
- Cooliris | Discover More
- embeddable cooliris that uses flash instead of their plugin.
- JQuery File Upload Plugin Script – JQuery File Upload Script – Uploadify
- similar to swfupload
- “Piston is a Django mini-framework creating APIs.” Used by bitbucket.org
- Very Short Introductions – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- looks interesting
- ANSI C Rationale Introduction
- ANSI C Rationale Purpose and Spirit of C
- i have been looking for a way to easily put things on a timeline. I think this is what i want.
- YouTube – The Beach Boys – Ol’ Man River (2009 Remix)
- from David
- TestDisk – CGSecurity
- This is pretty cool. via Andy
- Robert Harder » Stream iTunes over SSH
- Wow. I did not know this was possible. I’ll have to try it sometime.
- HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
- “Buying video cables from Amazon is usually a ripoff; I suggest Monoprice.” – Jacob Kaplan-Moss
- Git Resources
- some git notes from 37signals
- Monitoring WiFi access points – MDC
- “Code with UniversalXPConnect privileges can now monitor the list of available access points, getting information on their SSIDs, MAC addresses, and signal strength. This can be used in tandem with Geolocation to offer WiFi-based location service.”
- Google Scripts
- * Create your own custom spreadsheet functions
- Automate repetitive tasks (e.g. process responses to Google Docs forms)
- Link multiple Google products together (e.g. send emails or schedule Calendar events from a list of addresses in a Spreadsheet)
- Customize existing Google products (e.g. add custom buttons or menus to run your own scripts)
- List of common misconceptions – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This is awesome. From Josh.
- YUI Library: Uploader
- Yahoo’s equivalent of swfupload.
- Turn Thunderbird into the Ultimate Gmail IMAP Client – Downloads – Lifehacker
- Fairly thorough walk though of how to configure Thunderbird for Gmail, in addition to Gmail’s help pages.
- Color Picker
- XEP-0126: Invisibility
- it appears that you can do invisibility on google talk outside of gmail.
- Plunkitt of Tammany Hall by William L. Riordon 1963
- George Washington Plunkitt – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- David says that this guys is awesome.
- Socket Programming HOWTO — Python v2.7a0 documentation
- (same as previous) I learned a lot from this.
- Socket Programming HOWTO
- I learned a lot from this.
- Fred Visticot blog: Google Gears Desktop Drag and drop operation
- “During the Google I/O event, The Google Wave prototype has been unveiled. During the demonstration, a drag and drop operation has been realized between the desktop and the browser. This new capability is possible thanks the new Google Gears plugin V0.5.21.0.”
Shows how to do it.
- django-photologue – Google Code
- django-batchimport – Google Code
- “Allows for batch import of django model data via uploaded Microsoft Excel (or Open Office or CSV files saved as Excel) file.”
- django-syncr – Google Code
- Ben F found this. It syncs data with flickr, twitter, etc.
- An introduction to git-svn for Subversion/SVK users and deserters
- A decent guide to git svn.
- Download details: Script Debugger for Windows NT 4.0 and Later
- Praise God for this! Isn’t as good as firebug, but was enough to show me what wasn’t working during a presentation this morning.
- Awesome website found by Ficker and Ben
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Minneapolis Soild Waste and Recycling. Lots of good information.
- Whats Its Color: Find the complementary and primary color of any image
- Tells you what color scheme to use based on an image. Similar to one of the features dabbledb has.
- Micro Center – Refurbished HL-2140 Laser Printer
- $60 laser printer after rebate
- 960 Grid System
- Mentioned in class. Looks interesting.
- pyquery: a jquery-like library for python — pyquery v0.3 documentation
- jquery like interface for working with html in python.
- downgrade a subversion working copy from 1.6 to 1.5
- Bulk IP address location – Enter one or more addresses to find their geolocation.
- tortoisegit – Google Code
- I have been waiting for this for so long
- Memory upgrades from Crucial.com – About Crucial:Media Toolbox
- Tells you what slots your computer has, what sticks are currently in the slots, and what type of memory is compatible.
- lxml – the most feature-rich and easy-to-use library for working with XML and HTML in the Python language.
- What Adrian uses in everyblock for parsing html and xml
- Open Source – Dimdim: Web conferencing for everyone. Dimdim provides free, open source collaboration for online meetings, eLearning, desktop sharing, education, unified collaboration, webinar, web meetings and more. Available in free hosted or GPLv3 do…
- An Open Source audio and video conferencing server and client.
- Behind the scenes of EveryBlock.com
- from justin
- ManualsMania – Samsung – SGH-T629 – SGH-T629 User Manual (ver.1.0) – ENGLISH
- Manual for my cell phone
- I have been wanting a program similar to this for a long time.
- Traceroute Tree Online
- This is cool. Run tracert for multiple ip addresses in windows, then copy and paste the results to this website and it generates an awesome graph of the network topology. Note though that anyone can see your graph online. They also link to a linux program that can generate these graphs.
- Facebook Developers | Tools
- Facebook API for csci5980 class.
- From Hannah B. Mostly just Minnesota.
- jquery code to add/remove items from a formset
- open source social network website software. From Kevin
- TiddlyWiki – a reusable non-linear personal web notebook
- I saw someone use this for emulating unix.
- Microsoft DreamSpark
- Free Microsoft software for College and High School students.
- HP laser printer print defects
- Interesting. I wonder how helpful this actually is
- Category:Bridges on the Mississippi River – Google Maps
- A sweet hack to get data points for the Mississippi River
- SpaceMonger Freeware download and review – keep track of free space on your drives from SnapFiles
- A sweet program I use to find out how what is taking up space on my computer.
- Where data goes when it dies and other musings | FactoryCity
- “I would therefore agree with Tantek’s oft-repeated admonishment that services that are serious about their data should always start by marking up their sites with microformats and then add additional APIs to provide functionality (as TripIt did). It’s simply good data hygiene.” “The second thing that I thought about was that, since the site was microformatted with XFN, xFolk and other formats, recovering structured data from these caches would likely be most reliable way of externally reconstituting Ma.gnolia, in lieu of other, more conventional data retrieval methods.”
- Opera: Web Standards Curriculum
- “this is awesome” – Jeremy.
- Pauls Online Math Notes
- According to Colleen: “Super helpful math website for Calc I through IV and beyond”
- Online Bible Study Tools – Your Gateway to Bible Resources
- The missionary section has been using this
- Night star program we used in 8th grade
- FileHippo.com – Download Free Software
- Old versions of tons of free programs. Similar to oldversion.com
- GEO 1001/1101: EARTH and its Environments
- Class I am taking
- YouTube – Claude Bolling – Suite for Cello and Jazz Piano Trio – Romantique
- an awesome song.
- django-reversion – Google Code
- This is pretty cool. It serializes an object’s data after every change and records it. It even has solutions for the related models problem.
- YouTube – EmergencyCall Emergency Call 911 Oak st
- This is pretty funny. 22 seconds. requires sound
- tax info for loan
- StaticGenerator for Django
- “How many CPU cycles do you suppose are wasted on blogs that are generated every request? Wouldn’t it make more sense to generate them only when they’re updated? StaticGenerator is a Python class for Django that makes it easy to create static files for lightning fast performance.”
- serve – by Jeremy
- great for transferring a small number of files to people.
- IE NetRenderer – Browser Compatibility Check –
- Thomas MacLaren School Colorado Springs Home Page
- Charter School in Colorado Springs based on Trinity
- Return Boolean True
- This guy wrote a post yesterday saying that he’s trying to write a python program to handle eye.fi uploads
- EyeFi Linux Hacking
- Looks like someone started a blog on figuring out how it works, although it is fun to figure these things out on your own, this could save me a lot of time.
- SkreemR Mp3 Search – World’s Greatest Mp3 Search Engine – Find music, podcasts, ringtones, interviews and speeches.
- “The World’s Greatest Mp3 Search Engine”
- TrimPath TrimSpreadsheet Demo
- Songza: The music search engine & internet jukebox. Listen. Now.
- looks similar to seeqpod
- CSci 1121: Introduction to the Internet
- possibly going to take this class next spring
- CSci 1113: C++ Programming
- Probably going to take this class next spring
- MATH 1151 Math 1151, Precalculus II
- possibly going to take this class in the spring
- Ladle Rat Rotten Hut
- My teacher read this to our class in 6th grade.
- mail-trends – Google Code
- Sweet gmail statistics program kevin showed me
- EtherPad: Realtime Collaborative Text Editing
- Google Docs clone that is very good at multi-user editing at the same time.
- iGoogle Motion Chart Gadget
- based on Gapminder
- Gapminder – Home
- Open Source data visualization software presented at a Ted Talk and bought by Google.
- Task-Centered User Interface Design : 4. Evaluating the Design Without Users
- Task Centered User Interface Design Heuristics – from class.
- John McCain – The Making (and Remaking and Remaking) of the Candidate – NYTimes.com
- Interesting article that includes behind the scenes the week of McCain’s VP Announcement.
- libgmail — Python binding for Google’s Gmail service
- python libary that connects to gmail’s web interface
- Series: Gmail Architecture «
- This guy did a bit of reverse-engineering of the gmail web interface. Reminds me of
- jscrob2 – iTunes plug-in w/ iPod sync support & real-time submissions – iTunes (Windows Version) – Last.fm
- tiny plugin for itunes the submits songs to last.fm. alternative to http://www.last.fm/forum/827/_/47398
- Variety Theatre 2008 | “Can’t Stop the Beat!”
- Hugh Springer Jr put together an online flyer for the Variety Show.
- Free-Codecs.com :: Download QuickTime Alternative (QT Lite) 2.7.0 : QT Lite is a lightweight version of QuickTime.
- Quicktime alternative. Much smaller than Apple’s version. Fully compatible with iTunes
- jscrob2 – iTunes plug-in w/ iPod sync support & real-time submissions – iTunes (Windows Version) – Last.fm
- tiny plugin for itunes the submits songs to last.fm
- Communication Center
- website I helped make
- SeeqPod – Playable Search – Find. Discover. Watch. Listen. Share.
- Searches the internet for mp3’s and puts lets you queue them in a playlist.
- Google 2001
- In honor of our 10th birthday, we’ve brought back our oldest available index. Take a look back at Google in January 2001.
- Template Tags « WordPress Codex
- I’ve ended up using that page a ton over the last couple months
- YouTube – Hip Hop Violin – Paul Dateh and inka one
- Justin showed me this.
- The Little Flowers of St. Francis
- Shared Status Messages – Google Talk for Developers – Google Code
- Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
- Found this tonight. It’s the only alternative to the windows API for editing binary registry hive files that I know of.
- YouTube – Like_youknow
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – Welcome
- amazon’s outsourcing market.
- generating python module dependency graphs
- Graph of imports between files.
- p910nd is a small printer daemon that does not spool to disk but passes the job directly to the printer. Normally a lpr daemon on a spooling host connects to it with a TCP connection on port 910n (where n=0, 1, or 2 for lp0, 1 and 2 respectively).
- Brother International – Printers – HL-1440
- Printer we got from South Bend.
- DjangoCon 2008 Sessions
- Videos of the sessions from DjangoCon 2008, the first ever international Django conference. DjangoCon 2008 was hosted by Google’s Open Source Team at the company’s headquarters in Mountain View, CA, USA Sept. 6 & 7, 2008.
- University of Minnesota Webcam
- webcam of the mall area
- Coldplay – What If – Listen free at Last.fm
- for some reason I deleted this song off of my computer
- Scrum (development) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- “Sprints” are 15-30 days. Sprint Planning Meeting: Project Owner tells the team what items he wants done and Team determines how much of this is possible. Once the sprint starts, the specs and requirements are frozen. Every day morning there is a 15 minute “Scrum meeting” where progress is reviewed. This meeting is done standing up, so it does not last longer than it should. At the end of the sprint, the software is shippable
- Welcome | AmazonFresh
- Amazon grocery delivery service.
- YouTube – The Raconteurs “Steady, As She Goes”
- Ben and I like this song
- YouTube – Mark Ronson – Just
- remix of radiohead’s just. I don’t care for the video.
- YouTube – Nostalgia 77 – Seven Nation Army (White Stripes Cover)
- cool seven nation army cover
- CSCI 5801: Software Engineering I
- class i’m taking
- CSci 5106 – Programming Languages – University of Minnesota
- class i’m taking
- CSci 5115: User Interface Design
- class i’m taking
- Math 5248: Cryptology and Number Theory
- class i’m taking
- Weekly Class Schedule
- Renewed-Life.com featuring books, Bibles, music and more to help you live in Christ.
- FileMerge diff on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
- Equal Transit Time Fallacy – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The way I learned how lift works is incorrect. There is no requirement that two particles traveling around a wing need to meet up on the other side.
- The Official ImgBurn Website
- Legal version of DVD Decrypter
- Dropout With a Capital D
- This guy explains why he dropped out of college
- Monty Hall problem – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Suppose you’re on a game show, and you’re given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what’s behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, “Do you want to pick door No. 2?” Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?
- adherents.gif (GIF Image, 886×643 pixels)
- Awesome map of religion in the united states
- It’s an HTTParty and Everyone Is Invited! // RailsTips.org by John Nunemaker
- Abstract generic http rest api
- netaddr – Google Code
- Python library for dealing with ip addresses
- A List Apart: Articles: Community: From Little Things, Big Things Grow
- “I adore it when people tell me that Flickr makes them feel a certain way. From the outset, I worked hard to make the site seem as if there was a person behind the screen talking to you. As we churned out pages to piece the site together, I obsessed about
- kurtanderson08 – Kurt M. Anderson for United States Senate from Minnesota
- My dad is running for US Senate again.
- Election Reporting
- My dad is running for senate again.
- Ironic Sans: Thsrs – The Shorter Thesaurus
- from: ben 1. Enter a long word. 2. Receive shorter synonyms.
- Django Unit Tests and Transactions — Stereoplex
- Abe’s Tumblelog – Mom’s Lord’s Day Bread
- Olson Bread
- Digital Web Magazine – Portable Social Networks, The Building Blocks Of A Social Web
- “If you only read one article on portable social networks, make it this one.” – Simon Willison
- The Perfect 3 Column Liquid Layout: No CSS hacks. SEO friendly. iPhone compatible.
- google-styleguide – Google Code
- “When you’re working on a large software project, how you express something may be a vital part of the code. At Google, we’ve adopted a set of conventions intended to give all contributors a common coding vocabulary. This ensures that it’s as easy as poss
- Regex Tester – RegexPal
- Fluid – Free Site Specific Browser for Mac OS X Leopard
- Safari powered site specific browser for mac os x
- Three Index Cards To Easily Remember The Essence Of Test-Driven Development
- Log In
- Very cool looking login screen
- Free Online Database Application, Web Database Application, Online Database Software, Sample Database Applications, Web Form Builder, HTML Forms, Web Forms, Online Forms: Zoho Creator
- Looks similar to http://dabbledb.com/. From Abe.
- wtop – Google Code
- “wtop is like “top” for your webserver. How many searches or signups are happening per second? What is the response time histogram for your static files? wtop shows you at a glance. “
- Kaltura – Open Source Video Platform
- “Kaltura’s open source platform enables any site to seamlessly and cost–effectively integrate advanced interactive rich–media functionalities, including video searching, uploading, importing, editing, annotating, remixing, and sharing. Kaltura’ goal i
- Twitter / comcastcares
- Comcast is on twitter.
- Bridge Construction Set
- Looks like SimBridge or something.
- How to tell which CD you need to reinstall Windows XP using a product key
- tells you how to determine by the Product ID, product key what license of XP a computer has.
- Slicehost – VPS Hosting
- pop.org is hosted with this.
- Milwaukee Avenue Historic District – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sean mentioned this at dinner last night. “The earliest example of a planned workers’ community in Minneapolis”
- Link to PDFs from HTML — The PowerPoint FAQ
- works, and much more.
- Post to Del.icio.us
- bookmarks toolbar
- 6.5.1 Itertool functions
- Cool stuff. I have made chain and count on my own before. Turns out I didn’t need to.
- Seth’s Blog: Email checklist
- “# Is it going to just one person? (If yes, jump to #10)
- Since it’s going to a group, have I thought about who is on my list?
- Are they blind copied?
- Did every person on the list really and truly opt in? Not like sort of, but really ask for it?
- Google Open Source Blog: Standing Against License Proliferation
- “we are nearing 100,000 projects hosted on Google Code. The trend around licensing is obvious: GPLv2/GPLv3 represent 42.6% of the projects, and Apache is 25.8%. MIT, BSD, and LGPL are at about 8% each, Artistic at 3.5%, and MPL 1.1 at a mere 2.7%. This fo
- DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS
- A must have if you want to play any old 2D game.
- blueprintcss – Google Code
- “I must admit, I’m pretty impressed by the Blueprint generator/compressor script; being able to pick my columns, widths and class names and get the starter CSS for a new layout is hot.” – James Bennett
- Cyberduck | FTP for Mac OS X.
- Asterisk :: The Open Source PBX & Telephony Platform |
- Open Source phone software.
- i had to search for a while to find this.
- COM Automation: Type Information (II)
- IDispatch, GetTypeInfo, ITypeInfo, GetTypeAttr, etc. Unfortunately, python’s win32com does not abstract this much to my knowledge.
- Chat and text display issues in “Halo: Combat Evolved”
- Apparently I actually do need Microsoft XML Parser.
- Comet Daily » Blog Archive » Persevere Adds Comet Support
- a json database that allows for subscribing to changes.
- UnixCommandLineKungFu – Fullscreen
- crazy linux command line tricks. never heard of a lot of these.
- Camera Hacks: Turn Your Point-and-Shoot into a Super-Camera
- My camera is now awesome! custom firmware.
- Drop.io: Simple Private Exchange
- save a file up to 1gb online. it will stay up as long as someone views it every year. seems to be very easy.
- R2D2 Projector
- A remote control projector that can drive around the room.
- ongoing · Multi-Inflection-Point Alert
- a good summary on the current state of computers. I find it interesting that he says that although processors are supporting more and more threads that threading is not the way to go.
- Yahoo! UI Library: Browser History Manager
- Generator Tricks for Systems Programmers
- in depth on how to make pipelines in python using generators.
- 1027 Univesity Avenue SE
- SourceForge.net: Xming X Server for Windows
- almost forgot the name of this. nice and basic xming x server. much easier to install and maintain than cygwin
- Session variables without cookies
- Stores up to 2MB of data in the window.name variable. Basically tab-local session data, but vulnerable to XSS.
- Computing Facilities – math.umn.edu
- listing of the math department’s linux computers
- Products Center — Vigor2910G
- interesting. this router can connect to two different internet connections at once, allowing redundancy and twice the bandwidth.
- Johnny Chung Lee – Projects – Wii
- Chris showed me this. Watch the second video. Wiimotes cost $40. This is awesome.
- $14 Steadycam The Poor Mans Steadicam
- “Steadycams (or camera stabilizers) are attachments used to capture smooth looking video even when the camera and camera operator are in motion. The camera operator may walk (or even jog), move through tight hallways and doorways, and even climb up and do
- rossp.org – django-authopenid – Google Code
- “This up and coming Django application provides a new user-authentication interface built on top of the Django ‘auth’ module and Simon Willison’s Django OpenID Consumer application.”
- Can python threads take advantage of use dual core?
- Threading on the regular python interpreter does not take advantage of multiple cores. Threading on Jython and IronPython both do take advantage of multiple cores. Summary: Use Python threads for IO operations in parallel, not for computations in parallel
- Jeditable – Edit In Place Plugin For jQuery
- The web needs more of these.
- MX-100 3.5″ USB Hard Drive Enclosure
- $15 hard drive enclosure I might buy
- 15-750 — Graduate Algorithms — Spring 2006
- page 3 has pseudo code for version 2 of Luby’s MIS algorithm
- What are Public DNS Servers?
- Heuristics for User Interface Design
- ‘These are ten general principles for user interface design. They are called “heuristics” because they are more in the nature of rules of thumb than specific usability guidelines.’
- YDN Theater: The State of Ajax | Douglas Crockford
- Douglas Crockford has a critical view of the future of the web. If we don’t fix the problems with the web, it may be replaced with Microsoft Silverlight or Adobe AIR. 38 minutes.
- “Free Wi-Fi/HotSpot Finder”
- Web pages for MPI and MPE
- MPI Routines reference function calls
- The final hour for filing taxes
- “I got the paper work done about 20 minutes ago.” – Sean is at 1:28
- hugin – Panorama photo stitcher
- open source, very nice
- Bossanova – Blue Bossanova.mp3
- good song Chris found
- Class Search – Search Results
- I will need to take a literature class eventually.
- MSSE: Master of Science in Software Engineering
- This program has some cool looking classes.
- Le Corbusier – Towards a New Architecture
- book I need to read for architecture class
- 2008-2009 Room and Board Rates
- Glad I am not living in the dorms. $470 per month, not including food. Of couse it has the advantage of the 9 month contract, which leaves you free to live somewhere else over the summer. They also require a meal plan of at least $571/mo.
- Skyhook Wireless
- Skyhook ran vehicles around the streets of 8000 cities, and recorded the locations, mac addresses, and signal strengths of over 23 million wireless access points. The data can now be used to locate where you are based on the surrounding wi-fi signals.
- Administrative Debris
- “I’ve convinced myself that a separate admin area or settings page ought not exist at all and that the functionality provided could be integrated more naturally with the site’s primary content.”
- Video on Flickr! « Flickr Blog
- flickr now allows videos up to 90 seconds
- kyte: Mobile
- broadcast live video from your java enabled cell phone
- Blue Bossanova by Bossanova
- found by Chris
- Bob Dylan: Make You Feel My Love
- Paladin Tools Home Theater 70053 Tool Kit
- Just purchased for J-T concert
- 6 x 2 S-Video Audio/Video Selector Switch w/REMOTE with with ALL Gold Plated RCA Jacks
- 6 source, 2 output video switcher in South Bend
- Empty Thoughts: JSON Generic Serializer
- “The reason the default json serializer (django.core.serialize) doesn’t work well for my purposes is because the default implementation is built around the idea that the objects that are serializable need to be deserializable as full objects as well. I
- “a tool to check your Python code against some of the style conventions in PEP 8”
- iROC Innovative Idea Cache
- “Project to collect and evaluate innovative research & technology ideas on campus. Ideas can be voted on, evaluated, discussed and either implemented or shelved for possible later use.”
- This does nearly everything we dreamed of last summer, plus it is free and easy.
- Downloads for Dazzle Digital Video Creator Products
- The closest thing to drivers for the two usb video capture devices on pinnacle’s website.
- Gmail – Compose Mail
- compose a new gmail message
- THE SPIRITUAL EXERCISES OF ST. IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA
- List of Google acquisitions – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Relationships are complicated | FactoryCity
- “I believe that technically-mediated social networking at any level beyond very simple, local applications is fundamentally, and probably persistently, a bad idea. From where I stand, the only sane response is to keep our conceptions of friendship and aff
- Dynamo: Amazon’s Highly Available Key-value Store
- very cool stuff, I want to read this
- What can we learn about usability…
- A quick lesson on design
- Martian Headsets – Joel on Software
- “As usual, the idealists are 100% right in principle and, as usual, the pragmatists are right in practice. The flames will continue for years. This debate precisely splits the world in two. If you have a way to buy stock in Internet flame wars, now would
- Agile Testing: Running a Python script as a Windows service
- Runs a python program in the background automatically on startup with no users logged on.
- Txt2day Cell Phone Provider Lookup
- This gives an estimate for the provider of a cell phone number.
- Buy Tickets | Guthrie Theater
- I need to go on a Guthrie backstage tour for Arch class.
- JotForm – Easiest Form Builder
- looks a lot better than wufoo.com
- University of Minnesota and Trapeze Networks Announce World’s Largest 802.11n Deployment
- I can’t find a good pure python snmp client, so I’ll have to keep using this in the meantime.
- University of Minnesota Bookstore
- If you know of a book you want to read, you can search by the author or ISBN to see if there is a class that uses that as the text book.
- CLOC — Count Lines of Code
- pretty simple, written in perl
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- part of the book for my class
- You Used Python to Write WHAT? – CIO.com – Business Technology Leadership
- Tinkerable Software
- This guy is all about people being able to change the software they use. That is his philosophy, but he suggests writing code to customize things. There should be an easier way to do it.
- How to Do Anything Photographic
- A Small Orange – Web Hosting, Software and more!
- shared hosting one:ten uses
- Web hosting provider – Bluehost.com – domain hosting – PHP Hosting – cheap web hosting – Frontpage Hosting E-Commerce Web Hosting Bluehost
- When TCP Breaks: Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant Networking
- how to get the internet in space
- Steve Chen: YouTube to Add Live Video « NewTeeVee
- Gojko Adzic ” Two data streams for a happy website
- Idea of seperating the cacheable from the non-cacheable from the start.
- Free! Why $0.00 Is the Future of Business
- It really goes into the economics of how free 2.0 works.
- An Incremental Approach to Compiler Construction
- creating a scheme assembler from c and assembly from:Malcolm Tredinnick
- Could you go live with less than 600 lines of code?
- “If I’m prepared to operate within the constraints of the platform (whatever that is) how much effort would that save me? How many more “interesting ideas” could I turn into working products if I was prepared to follow these constraints? How many m”
- UI Breakthrough-Command Line Interfaces
- idea that modern search engines are the new command line interface
- Balsbaugh7: Morning Prayer
- newforms: emptying fields after failed validation – Django users | Google Groups
- much easier
- Google Talkabout: Google Talk chatback
- embed google talk on a webpage so you can talk to guests “To use chatback, you must have a Google Talk account … but your visitors don’t have to!”
- Productivity over time « sammy.snickerpi
- Ben’s tribute to xkcd
- Masterpiece Engineering
- How to prolong lithium-based batteries
- 35W Bridge project rebuild
- live webcams of the 35w bridge construction site
- Top-10 Application-Design Mistakes (Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox)
- dmitrig01 | drupal.org
- This drupal develper is 12 years old, and apparently has had a drupal user account since he was 10
- Stats about all US cities – relocation info, maps, race, income, photos, education, crime, weather, houses, etc.
- Everyblock.com for the rest of us! via justinw
- EvilChuck: Tell Python to Shove it!
- A dictionary interface to many different storage backends
- Salon Technology | Fear of links
- “Weblogs, typically, are personal Web sites operated by individuals who compile chronological lists of links to stuff that interests them, interspersed with information, editorializing and personal asides. A good weblog is updated often, in a kind of real
- Git – SVN Crash Course
- git for svn users
- ManagedQ: The Search Application
- very cool, a little slow
- OAuth wiki / ServiceProviders
- List of current websites that support OAuth
- Plays Well With Others at Like It Matters
- “One of my favorite buisness model suggestions for entrepreneurs is, find an old UNIX command that hasn’t yet been implemented on the web, and fix that.” -Marc Hedlund
- CSE Undergraduate Scholarships
- Official Google Docs Blog: Stop sharing spreadsheets, start collecting information
- Stay At Home Servers
- A children’s book explaining home servers. (Also available on Amazon in paperback) (from:Karen)
- Freeware Tools and Utilities for Windows
- very high quality and useful freeware utilities for windows
- Evergreen-Bloomington :: Experience God– Not Religion
- Concept Drawings of “our new old building” from Kevin from Micah
- Visual jQuery 1.1
- Dr. Dobb’s | Concurrency and Python | February 3, 2008
- “When thinking of concurrency, it’s useful to distinguish between I/O throughput and CPU throughput. Does the problem involve lots of concurrent requests, or does it involve lots of data to crunch? This distinction is important because some techniques wor
- pydot – Google Code
- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- “You shouldn’t be offended by this; by hacker standards, your respondent is showing you a rough kind of respect simply by not ignoring you. You should instead be thankful for this grandmotherly kindness.”
- Brother Yun
- Brother Yun comes to Minnesota Feb 14th
- Social Graph API – Google Code
- Shows your social graph
- Evergreen-Bloomington :: Experience God– Not Religion
- Google Maps API
- The primary objective of the EGeoXml extension is to be able to take a “My Maps” KML file, … and render the markers, polylines and polygons under the API in a manner that exposes those objects, allowing them to be manipulated by the calling program.
- USI Wireless high-speed broadband wireless internet services
- City of Minneapolis Wireless Service
- Image:Whaling in the Faroe Islands.jpg – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 43 dead whales, some have their intestines spilling out.
- UNITE Distributed Learning: Your Course List
- Archived videos of my classes.
- ASPN : Python Cookbook : Easy threading with Futures
- To run a function in a separate thread, simply put it in a Future: A=Future(longRunningFunction, arg1, arg2 …). It will continue until you need the result of your function. You can read the result by calling the Future like a function: print A()
- Database Design, Application, Development & Administration
- Has most of the sql data from the book
- SENG 5199: SEng 5199 – Announcements
- Dynamic Languages Graduate class.
- Dabble DB: Explore Dabble
- Wow. I wish this was open source.
- Arc’s Out
- “Good cleanness is a response to constraints imposed by the problem. Bad cleanness is a response to constraints imposed from outside– by regulations, or the expectations of powerful organizations.”
- Top Ten Mistakes of Shopping Cart Design Revisited: A Survey of 500 Top
- SysExporter: Grab data from list-view, tree-view, combo box, WebBrowser control, and text-box.
- Very nice program I used to use a lot. “SysExporter utility allows you to grab the data stored in standard list-views, tree-views, list boxes, combo boxes, text-boxes, and WebBrowser/HTML controls from almost any application running on your system, and ex
- Internet Owl – Website Monitoring and Change Detection Software
- Useful for any public website that does does not have RSS. Sure I could make one of these myself, but I just don’t have the time.
- Pastoral Bible Foundation / Christian Community Bible
- PDFs most of the Christian Community Bible. “Always REFRESH your browser. This page is being updated regularly.”
- CSCI4211: Introduction to Computer Networks
- class webpage
- General Purpose Classroom R25 Webviewer
- View class schedules by room. Is there a class in a certain room at a certain time? Uses software called R25
- Technical mastery requires social innovation « Jon Udell
- Here’s a related example from Gmail. Recently, the application’s URLs became more RESTful. A message URL now looks like this: https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox/116edd484f4ca72e. Why? So that you can bookmark it, exchange it, compose it with other th
- “Free and Legal Music Downloads” – Wacker told me about this.
- Sketching with a Sharpie
- Profile System Discussion | Emmaus Project
- Scala (programming language) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- apparently it’s the next new thing.
- “What’s happening in my neighborhood?” – Adrian Holovaty’s new website has gone live.
- CSci 4707: Practice of Database Systems, Spring 2008
- class webpage
- Jon Udell | CUSEC 2008 | Hacking the Noosphere
- “social hacks” “LibriVox is actually powered by a set of agreements and protocols and traditions. You can imagine encoding those in software, and the project’s founder might have wanted to, if he’d had access to the right kind of …”
- Candygram is a Python implementation of Erlang concurrency primitives. Erlang is widely respected for its elegant built-in facilities for concurrent programming. This package attempts to emulate those facilities as closely as possible in Python.
- Bram Cohen’s Journal – Great Programmers
- The realy difficulty in coming up with something like BitTorrent is that it involves fundamentally rethinking all of your basic approaches. This is very difficult for humans to do. We attack any new problem we encounter with techniques we already know, an
- Lisp: The Golden Age Isn’t Coming Back, Let’s Welcome a Bright Future
- Internet Programming
- class webpage
- Course: Introduction to Parallel Computing: Architecture, Algorithms, and Programming
- Parallel Computing class webpage using moodle.
- Christian school glories in new Eagan location
- Minneapolis Colocation – St. Paul Colocation – Minneapolis Managed Hosting – St. Paul Dedicated Hosting – High-speed Connectivity – DSL – Minnesota Web Hosting | VISI
- MyFox Twin Cities | First Day of School…In January?
- School’s been in session for several months now, but some students in Eagan are walking into their school’s classroom for the very first time today. M.A. Rosko reports from Trinity School at River Ridge to explain.
- HP JetDirect proxy and Emulator
- make a usb printer appear as a hp jetdirect printer?
- 7 PEP 342: New Generator Features
- GoogleReaderAPI – pyrfeed – Google Code
- shows how to create a custom front end user interface to Google Reader
- Fifty Years of Software Development
- “I believe that source control was not widely prevalent until 1999. Here’s why:”
- O’Reilly — The History of Programming Languages
- Graph of the evolution of languages
- AskTog: A Quiz Designed to Give You Fitts
- Fitts’ Law: The time to acquire a target is a function of the distance to and size of the target.
- Lenovo Support & downloads – Drivers and software – 3000 N200 (type 0769)
- drivers for my laptop
- Software Engineering 5199 – Dynamic Languages
- looks like an awesome class, but for grad students only. maybe i’ll just read the lecture notes.
- Revised Report on the Algorithmic Language Scheme
- CookBookThreadlocalsAndUser – Django Code – Trac
- give models access to the current user via thread-global variable
- little utillity I wrote
- Django | Using newforms with models | Django Documentation
- form_for_model and form_for_instance are deprecated, modelforms is the new solution.
- Acer Aspire 4315-2004
- $380 laptop, no dvd burner, 512 ram, 4200 rpm hard drive
- Lenovo 3000 N200 0769-ALU
- $400 laptop, sd card reader, but only 512 ram (I have another 512 stick), no dvd burner
- Utility Mill – Makes Utilities
- Make a python utility with a HTML Form front end easily
- BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers – PythonInfo Wiki
- Cheap VPS Hosting at VPSLink
- cheap, but seems to only allow one domain?
- YouTube – Rube Goldberg – Japanese Championships
- eTimecards Staff Home
- timecard webpage for work
- 26″ Mens’ Roadmaster Mt. Fury Mountain Bike – Wal-Mart
- Software and interface
- Django and Comet
- This is excelent. This allows real time events using django
- AVoverCat5.com – The definitive audio-visual structured cabling resource
- A Green Light for Common Sense – washingtonpost.com
- a small town in Germany abandons almost all of its traffic laws as an effort to increase safety. I like this type of thinking.
- The Iceberg Secret, Revealed – Joel on Software
- User Interfaces are 10% of the program, but all anyone pays attention to when they think about what has actually been done.
- Fire And Motion – Joel on Software
- Dinkytown – Google Video
- good stuff
- Design Patterns – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Creating OpenSearch plugins for Firefox – MDC
- import this. » Blog Archive » HOWTO: Secure Firefox and IM with PuTTY
- how to use an ssh as http proxy
- James Henstridge » OpenID 2.0
- directed identity seems to be a very useful feature.
- Christians Movement Calls I-35 A ‘Highway Of Holiness’
- very similar target area
- \\\\\\\”Identity\\\\\\\” the most widely misused term by Internet experts
- Identity, like a driver’s license on the internet, on a blog that escapes titles way too much.
- Developer’s Guide – Google Chart API – Google Code
- Remote Desktop / Terminal Services Tip – Console session – The Planet Forums
- Live Webcam in a CSOM computer lab
- Comet works, and it’s easier than you think
- National Action Application – People of Praise – Northern Virginia Branch at www.popnova.org
- Airplane Graveyard
- lots of planes on google maps
- Eventlet – Second Life Wiki
- Tamper Data :: Firefox Add-ons
- MacMall – #1 Mac Store, iPod nano, Mac Intel, Mac Computers & LCD TVs
- Indy 911 Calls | IndyStar.com
- Action History
- Orbited: PylonsChat Tutorial
- /django/trunk/django/db/transaction.py – Django Code – Trac
- Uses a cool threading/stack trick. With this trick, it is possible to keep track of the request object for each thread, and log the request object no matter how deep in the stack you are.
- Eye-Fi » Home
- this is what i need. (supports wpa)
- SJMC Conference Center
- Room in Murphy hall all decked out for video conferencing. It is designed for 32 people.
- Create a multiboot CD (or USB flash drive) – MEPIS Documentation Wiki
- ThinkGeek :: Ethernet Crossover Adapter
- this is hearby on my wishlist
- Citrix » Secure Access Control » SSO » VPN » Remote Desktop Solutions
- Objective Windows Terminal Server & Remote Desktop Info
- ACM Queue – A Conversation with Werner Vogels: Amazon’s CTO explains what’s behind its growth from online bookstore to e-commerce juggernaut.
- “For us service orientation means encapsulating the data with the business logic that operates on the data, with the only access through a published service interface. No direct database access is allowed from outside the service, and there’s no data shar
- Latest Firefox 1.5.x.x
- Apparently they are still updating version 1.5 of firefox 184.108.40.206 is the current version
- Windows Vista: Which Edition Should You Get? – HelpWithWindows.com
- very nice comparison of the features in the different editions
- Bit Twiddling Hacks
- This would have been helpful last spring for csci 2021
- Elsewhere I’m: Relationship Update Stream
- Is it Christmas?
- You can subscribe to the RSS feed too.
- They Write the Right Stuff
- NASA, Formal methods, Don’t allow creativity. Have bug hunt competitions. If there is an error, it is an error in the process.
- Microsoft tips for donating computer equipment
- c h r o m a s i a / photoblog / little planet #1
- Top 100 largest classrooms
- IT Case Studies-Cisco on Cisco – Cisco Systems
- Bible Geocoding
- Routing and Switching-Case Studies – Cisco Systems
- Border Gateway Protocol – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- CTWatch Quarterly ” Reinventing Scholarly Communication for the Electronic Age
- Service discovery – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Blackbaud The Financial Edge
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Online Resource Center
- Accounting and Financial Planning Software with Business Management Tools – QuickBooks – System Requirements
- Peachtree by Sage Premium Accounting for Nonprofits 2008 – System Requirements — Sage Software, Inc.
- A List Apart: Articles: Paper Prototyping
- Video: Social Bookmarking in Plain English | Common Craft – Video Production and Consulting
- Rebuilding I-35W Bridge in Minneapolis, MN
- Building Communities with Software – Joel on Software
- “Small software implementation details result in big differences in the way the community develops, behaves, and feels.”
- Subtraction: If It Looks Like a Cow, Swims Like a Dolphin and Quacks Like a Duck, It Must Be Enterprise Software
- From the first comment:
“It’s pretty bad software, then; but it offers every single feature you could ever want (which looks good on paper, but not as good in real life)”
- webservices.xml.com: What Is Service-Oriented Architecture
- What is SOA? – SOA and Web Services Explained
- PLEAC – Programming Language Examples Alike Cookbook
- CNM Hexagon – A research project into persistent presence
- UMN internal ubuntu mirror
- this is the one i want. 3000kb/s
- Ubuntu Releases
- local umn ubuntu mirror
- Welcome to mosaickr – Create mosaics from flickr pictures
- I finally found a website that will do it
- Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)
- next version of ubuntu gets released oct 18th
- Tech Talk: Linus Torvalds on git
- Bug.gd – Help, has anyone seen this error?
- Implementing an Enterprise-Wide Space Management System – A Case Study at the University of Minnesota
- Subcommittee on Twin Cities Facilities and Support Services
- notes about discussions having to due with buildings since 2001
- Unfuddle: Free Source Control, Bug and Issue Tracking
- 15 Free CD/DVD burning alternatives to Nero
- Vine & Branches
- Configuring Apache httpd
- thats the way I like to do things: “start with no configuration and keep fixing it until it does what you want. “
- Registration Times
- journa-list scraper
- 5GB of free storage space
- IPAM Appliance Solution – IP Address Management – Infoblox Built-in IPAM Appliance Solution with Integrated DNS and DHCP
- U of M just got this
- Google Code for Educators
- Pete Lacey’s Weblog :: What is SOA?
- “[SOA is] a mind set. It is the generally held belief that when implementing systems one should expose system functionality for general consumption directly from the network, as well as or instead of burying it behind a user interface.”
- Open Source Alternative to Commercial Software – Downloadpedia
- i may reference this in the future
- Open Source CD burning program
- Brad Fitzpatrick’s OpenID system launched
- Blog post about the OpenID launch July 5th 2005
- Information Technology Newsletter – September 1997
- U of M newsletter from 1997. Page 11 has some cool stuff about the network upgrade.
- Google Maps, HTML version
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Mark’s Blog
- the sysinternals guy. he will search for hours to figure out every bug
- Microsoft TechNet: Windows Sysinternals
- Very nice and robust tools for windows. They were good before microsoft bought them too.
- An SSB is an application with an embedded browser designed to work exclusively with a single web application. It’s doesn’t have the menus, toolbars and accoutrement’s of a normal web browser. Some people have called it a “distraction free browser”
- Baked Ziti I
- dinner tonight
- Williams Arena Eastward
- another live webcam (requires java)
- live webcam near the new stadium
- Capital Planning and Project Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- current construction projects
- webmail mailbox view
- old school umn webmail
- University of Minnesota Annual Tuition Rates: 1960-61 to 2007-08: Twin Cities Campus
- basic calendars of holidays and breaks
- The Hub Information
- this used to have some nice information about bypassing resnet scans
- Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net
- nice windows extractor i’ve used for a couple years. It can extract many types of files including install files.
- Matlab Information
- free matlab for it students
- Labnotes » Read Consistency: Dumb Databases, Smart Services
- But the important distinction here is that we’re pursuing a loosely coupled architecture, so we no longer share data directly through the database. Each service is independent, it exposes an interface that we’re going to use to retrieve and change sta
- OATH | initiative for open authentication
- U of M authentication in Java
- “This bean class is used to authenticate a user against the University of Minnesota X.500 system.”
- Shared Stuff from People You Know
- looks kinda like a google version of del.icio.us
- One Bag – leisure and business travel packing list – travel light!
- Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction – Books24x7.com – Referenceware for Professionals:
- chapter 5.2 of Code Complete for a homework assignment
- GroundBreaking – TwikiLovesTheo
- kinda random..
- quick wiki
- Minneapolis Bridge Collapse Provides Early Test of Wi-Fi Network
- lots of cool internet and video technology assisting in the recovery
- Camera 1629 I-35W @ University Ave
- traffic cam of bridge site.
- Defying Classification: Django Sprint Day 2 (liveblogging)
- “I seem to have convinced somebody to take on the task of reorganising i18n.txt into something a bit more structured for the two types of readers (developers and translators). I’ve been wanting to do that for ages (rewrite it, not necessarily convince som
- teaching python variables
- Amazon Architecture | High Scalability
- If you have a new business idea or problem you want to solve you form a team. Limit the team to 8-10 people because communication hard. They are called two pizza teams. The number of people you can feed off two pizzas.
- Internet Services
- “We’re the dot in umn.edu!”
- Minnesota Internet Traffic Studies (MINTS)
- University of Minnesota Tuition Fact Sheet
- Google Reader
- I’m really starting to like this website.
- Central Corridor Light Rail Transit
- Parking and Transportation Services, University of Minnesota Hot Topics
- “What-If” (Major Shopping) APAS report
- wikimarkup – Google Code
- Second Ward, Minneapolis
- This is the public policy forum of Minneapolis Second Ward (Green) City Council Member Cam Gordon and his staff. We use this space to talk about some of what Cam’s working on, explain his positions, and share a little of what life in City Hall is like.
- Python for system administrators
- September 2007 Django sprint
- Click for a Zip Code Boundary Map.
- CSci 4011: Formal Languages and Automata Theory Fall 2007
- class i am taking
- NTSFAQ Wiki
- XFN – XHTML Friends Network
- social-network-portability – Microformats
- VGA over Cat-5 cable
- Windsurfer Antenna template
- Beautiful Soup: We called him Tortoise because he taught us.
- Classroom Management Department Classroom Schedule Viewer
- Dell – Support
- you can find all kinds of information like when the warranty expires, what the specs are in, etc with just the service tag.
- Thoughts on (and pics of) the original Macintosh User Manual
- Possible Study Areas : Campus Maps, University of Minnesota, TC
- campus fellowship pictures
- Campus Fellowship
- Why the U of M does not like Skype.
- NTS DHCP User Registration
- register your mac address for internet at University of Minnesota
- how to get the revision number from subversion
- new way to make shell scripts in django
- Django | The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines
- For the record
- New families rejuvenate old neighborhood
- Brad’s Thoughts on the Social Graph
- Interstate 35W Bridge in Minneapolis, MN
- plans for the new bridge
- Learning jQuery
- Why Process Monitor does not work on my computer
- Installing Django on MacOS X (development version)
- AuditTrail – Django Code
- Vertical Centering in CSS
- Redirecting the mouse and keyboard is as simple as moving the mouse off the edge of your screen. Synergy also merges the clipboards of all the systems into one, allowing cut-and-paste between systems. Furthermore, it synchronizes screen savers so they all
- Basic storage usage
- StartCom Free SSL Certification Authority – Home
- Buxfer: Track Your Money
- Ultra High Security Password Generator
- YUI-based Image Cropper Widget
- Thread Synchronization Mechanisms in Python ::: www.effbot.org
- Invite Share – Everyone is invited!
- Citybuilder.org – Building People of Praise Cities
- I suppose I should link to the sites I go to most often, not just the ones I can’t remember how to get to.
- Django Master Class
- Handouts for the tutorial given at OSCON, July 23th, 2007
- Ohloh, the open source network
- 19 Eponymous Laws Of Software Development
- How-To Guide for Descriptors
- python descriptors
- Never Use a Warning When you Mean Undo
- use “undo” instead of “are you sure?”
- Improving Google’s Social Network
- Action Update – August, 2002
- Action Update – August, 2002
- Grepping your web logs
- Beating the Averages
- Beating the Averages
- templatemaker – Google Code
- Unicode data in Django
- Encoding with MEncoder
- some great tips for using mencoder
- Python Interprocess Communication and Networking
- so cool
- Do’s and Don’t’s For Application Writers
- First Allendale team ever
- Live Blogging with Amazon S3 – Sitening Blog – Nashville SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Web Design
- Live Blogging
- Code Monkey Song
- kinda popular at one:ten
- Google Mondrian: web-based code review and storage
- Opening new firefox window with a new session
- Flickr: Make a badge
- create flickr thumbnails for embedding on another site
- Understanding Threading in Python LG #107
- Real-time Web Monitor
- Four Company Men: Working for the Kingdom
- for the archives
- Google Trends for Linux Disto’s
- I think Ubuntu is winning
- What is reCAPTCHA?
- This is a really cool idea.
- Windows FFMPEG binaries
- U of M registration statistics
- i keep forgetting the address of this website
- Center for Internet Security – Standards
- Monday in China for my sister
- It’s a long post, but i like it
- Python web development and frameworks in 2007
- scaling a website
- Generic Names for Soft Drinks by County
- this is old news, but still good
- API Dashboard – ProgrammableWeb
- list of api’s on the web
- this is kinda cool
- rheingold’s brainstorms: Art of Hosting Good Conversations Online
- i keep forgetting this website
- Antenna on the Cheap (er, Chip)
- I kinda want to make this
- umn transfer, ap, test out, etc
- Alec Johnson’s experience teaching at Trinity School River Ridge
- U of M Microsoft Campus Agreement Program for Students
- Roadmap for NTS Video Services
- “people-of-praise” via Dan
- Setting Up Mac OS X Tiger for Web Development
- UMN Computer Science Course Prerequisite Chart
- i love this thing